The Town of Brookfield Fire Department currently maintains a roster of 45 members. This roster includes the positions of Chief, Assistant Chief, 3 Captains, 4 Lieutenants, and 36 Firefighter/Heavy Equipment Operators/EMT’s.
In addition, 30 members are certified at the Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic level, 3 members are certified at the Emergency Medical Technician-Advanced and the remainder all hold certification as Emergency Medical Technician-Basics.
The Town of Brookfield Fire Department is staffed 24/7, 365 days a year with an Officer, Heavy Equipment Operator (HEO), Firefighter and 2 Paramedics. All members are employed on a part-time basis with the exception of the Chief and Assistant Chief which are full-time.
The Town of Brookfield Fire Department will provide the best possible service to our customers who are in need of assistance from any type of natural or man-made emergency by providing fire suppression, emergency medical, hazardous materials, and technical rescue services.
The department will also provide non-emergency services to our customers through public education, fire prevention, and generalized customer service efforts. The department will provide these services by using highly trained, motivated, and dedicated personnel and available resources.
For the Community:
- We recognize that the community is the reason for our existence.
- We value the faith and trust of the community, and continually work to deserve that confidence through our attitude, conduct, and performance.
- The safety of the public is of paramount importance.
- All members of the public are entitled to the highest level of service.
For the Department:
- We strive for excellence and the highest quality of service in everything we do both as individuals and as a team.
- We provide professional and courteous service at all times.
- Professionalism, honesty, and integrity will not be compromised.
- We treat each other and the public with dignity and respect.
- Members are encouraged to improve themselves as individuals and employees.
- We are sensitive to changing community needs.
Click HERE to view the Fire Department Annual Report.