Department of Public Works – General Laborer/Operator
The Town of Brookfield Department of Public Works is seeking a general laborer-operator. The individual in this position works under the supervision of the Director of Public Works.
- Assist with maintenance and/or repair of Town property, which includes, but is not limited to, Town Hall, Town Fire Station, Town Police Station, and Town Garage and Town Park facilities maintenance of streets, parks, and town buildings
- Operate motorized and non-motorized equipment, as task requires. This includes, but is not limited to, equipment used in plowing snow, salting/sanding roads, sweeping roads, installing culverts, patching roads, cutting weeds, grass, and brush
- Must be able to work both independently or in a team
- Provide status of work assignments to supervisor
- Be on call for snow emergencies and any other emergency declared by the Town Board or Emergency Government Director
- Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- The ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Experience working with building and construction tools and materials.
- Knowledge in minor maintenance and operation of equipment.
Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and to maintain effective working relationships with personnel, other town staff and general public; ability to
complete work logs on a daily basis.
- Optional medical insurance available immediately upon hiring
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Dental and vision insurance provided by the Town
- Enrollment in the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- Life insurance options
- Optional deferred compensation
Applicants must complete and submit all required forms and a brief resume highlighting any relevant experience. All applicants must be 18 years or older and have reliable transportation. This is a full-time positions with vacation, retirement, and health insurance provided. Equipment is provided by the department.
All forms and resume MUST accompany any application.
Applicants can return all required information to:
Town of Brookfield DPW
Scott Hartung Superintendent
in person/via mail to:
655 N Janacek Rd
Brookfield WI 53045-6052
Questions? Contact Scott Hartung at 262-796-3795.