The Town of Brookfield Fire Department accepts applications for the position of Firefighter/EMT on a year-round basis. Completed applications that are submitted to the Department will be kept on file and reviewed when it is determined that additional hiring is necessary.
Applications can be obtained at the Town of Brookfield Fire Department located 645 N. Janacek Rd., Brookfield, WI 53045 or online here. Applications may be picked-up at the station Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Minimum eligibility requirements for the position include:
- State of Wisconsin Firefighter 1 Certificate
- Current State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician – Basic License (EMT- Paramedic preferred)
- Valid State of Wisconsin Driver’s License
- Certificate of Completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT*).
All candidates must provide copies of the above qualifications as well as copies requested in the application when submitting their completed packets.
Completed applications are to be mailed or hand delivered to the fire station addressed to Assistant Chief Anthony D’Amico. Questions regarding applications can be directed to Chief D’Amico at 262-796-3792.
Eligible applicants will be informed of the Department’s hiring schedule as it becomes available.
- Certificate of Completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) must accompany any application. If an applicant does not possess a current CPAT, the application may still be submitted and final hiring will be contingent on providing a certificate at the time of hire.
- Physical Medical Certificate does not need to accompany application. It will be required prior to hire date.
Download all the forms, fill them out completely, print them and return to Fire Department for review. Please contact the Fire Department with additional questions.