How Do I?


How Do I?

Obtaining Police Reports/Records

Copies of police reports and accident reports can be obtained during normal business hours at the Town of Brookfield Police Department. There is a charge of $5.25 for a copy of a crash report and $0.25 per page for an incident or arrest report.

Photographs are $0.53 per printed photo and $5.25 for a compact disc. Other fees may apply.

Both incident reports and accident reports can take up to 10 working days to be available for copy, but generally are completed within three working days. If the incident or accident is still under investigation it may take longer. Incidents involving juveniles or referrals to the district attorney’s office may be redacted or denied.

Open Records Request Forms:


The Town of Brookfield Police Department will provide fingerprinting for Town residents or for individuals who are employed by a business within the Town of Brookfield.

Please make an appointment and bring a photo identification card on the day of the fingerprinting.

The department utilizes a LiveScan digital fingerprinting process.

Department Tours

The Town of Brookfield Police Department provides tours for organizations or groups wishing to have a tour. To schedule an appointment for a tour please contact the police department during normal business hours.

Drug/Medication Collection/Disposal

Town of Brookfield Drug Collection DropboxOpen to the public from the hours of 8:00am-4:00pm Monday–Friday at the Police Department lobby. Unused prescription medications can be dropped off with no questions asked. This provides residents with a safe and environmentally responsible way to dispose of unused or expired medication, including controlled substances.




Back the Badge

“We Back the Badge Signs” are available at the Town of Brookfield Police Department.

  • Yard Sign $10.00
  • Magnet $5.00
  • Window Cling $3.00

All Proceeds will go to WILEORC. WILEORC’s mission is to assist in the support of injured law enforcement officers throughout the State of Wisconsin. For more information please visit their website at

Vehicle/House Lockouts

The Town of Brookfield Police Department assists citizens who have been locked out of their vehicle if there is a child in the vehicle, an animal locked in the vehicle, or the vehicle is running inside a garage.

The Police Department may, with the assistance of the Fire Department, be able to assist you if you become locked out of your home.