In response to COVID-19, the Town Board has declared a State of Emergency in the Town of Brookfield, which expires June 1, 2020. This declaration is in line with action taken by the Federal, State and County levels of government. This declaration enables Town officials to exercise powers in an expedited manner at the local level in the interest of the health, safety, and welfare of the Town of Brookfield residents, businesses, and employees.
UPDATE: Closures, Cancellations and Service Modifications (Updated May 15, 2020)
- All public buildings are open to the public with the exception of the Fire and Police Departments.
Park & Recreation
- Residents should call 911 only for life-threatening emergencies. If you need to call 911, tell our emergency dispatchers if you have been diagnosed with or reason to believe you have been exposed to COVID-19.
Garbage & Recycling
- Effective May 18, 2020 Advanced Disposal will resume large item collection.
- Effective March 23, 2020, Advanced Disposal will not collect any trash/refuse or recycling that is not containerized
- All trash/refuse must be bagged and placed in containers (container shall not exceed thirty-two gallons (32gal) in size, or weigh more than fifty pounds (<50#). loose items will not be collected
- Recycling must be placed loose in a container or recyclable receptacle clearly labeled as “recycling” (not to exceed thirty-two gallons (32gal) in size, or weigh more than fifty pounds (<50#), excluding plastic bags)
- Materials prepared incorrectly will not be collected, will be tagged why the collection was not performed, and collection will occur at the next scheduled collection
- More Information: http://www.townofbrookfield.com/waste.html
Links to Important Information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Steps we are taking as a Town
Town officials are working closely with the Waukesha County Public Health Department. The Public Health Department is the best source for local information on COVID-19.
The Fire Department, Police Department, other first responders and all Departments in the Town are working to keep the public safe and respond to this crisis.
For more information on orders issued by Governor Evers: https://evers.wi.gov/Pages/Home.aspx