In response to COVID-19, the Town Board has declared a State of Emergency in the Town of Brookfield, which expires June 1, 2020. This declaration is in line with action taken by the Federal, State and County levels of government. This declaration enables Town officials to exercise powers in an expedited manner at the local level in the interest of the health, safety, and welfare of the Town of Brookfield residents, businesses, and employees.
Waukesha County Guidelines to Reopening Businesses
Waukesha County Executive Paul Farrow made the following statements after the WI Supreme Court strikes down the “Safer at Home” order extension on May 13, 2020.
Issued 5/13/2020: https://www.waukeshacounty.gov/globalassets/county-executive/covid/paul-farrow-statement-on-supreme-court-decision-5.13.20.pdf
Issued 5/14/2020: https://www.waukeshacounty.gov/globalassets/county-executive/covid/waukesha-county-issues-guidelines-to-safely-reopen-news-release.pdf
For more information visit the Waukesha County webpage: https://www.waukeshacounty.gov/
UPDATE: Closures, Cancellations and Service Modifications (Updated May 15, 2020)
- All public buildings are open to the public with the exception of the Fire and Police Departments.
- The Fire Department and Police Department (lobby) will remain closed until June 1, 2020.
Park & Recreation
- All court appearances are postponed. This includes initial appearance, trials and juvenile court.
- All defendants will be notified by mail of their new assigned date.
- More information: http://www.townofbrookfield.com/court.html (262) 796-3780
- The Fire Department (262) 796-3792 and Police Department (262) 796-3798 will operate as they always do, but the administrative offices and lobby will remain closed to the public until June 1st, 2020.
- Residents should call 911 only for life-threatening emergencies. If you need to call 911, tell our emergency dispatchers if you have been diagnosed with or reason to believe you have been exposed to COVID-19.
Garbage & Recycling
- Effective May 18, 2020 Advanced Disposal will resume large item collection.
- Effective March 23, 2020, advanced disposal will not collect any trash/refuse or recycling that is not containerized
- All trash/refuse must be bagged and placed in containers (container shall not exceed thirty-two gallons (32gal) in size, or weigh more than fifty pounds (<50#). loose items will not be collected
- Recycling must be placed loose in a container or recyclable receptacle clearly labeled as “recycling” (not to exceed thirty-two gallons (32gal) in size, or weigh more than fifty pounds (<50#), excluding plastic bags)
- Materials prepared incorrectly will not be collected, will be tagged why the collection was not performed, and collection will occur at the next scheduled collection
- More Information: http://www.townofbrookfield.com/waste.html
Steps we are asking you to take:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Practice social distancing
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Follow the Town on social media
- Only call 911 for emergencies.
- Help us maintain the Town’s wastewater system. Do not flush wipes or other similar products down the toilet. Only toilet paper should be flushed.
- Continue drinking water from your tap. The water is safe. COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking water.
Links to Important Information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Steps we are taking as a Town:
- Town officials are working closely with the Waukesha County Public Health Department. The Public Health Department is the best source for local information on COVID-19.
- The Town has declared a State of Emergency. This declaration is in line with action taken by the Federal, State and County levels of government. This declaration enables Town officials to exercise powers in an expedited manner at the local level in the interest of the health, safety, and welfare of the Town of Brookfield.
- The Fire Department, Police Department, other first responders and all Departments in the Town are working to keep the public safe and respond to this crisis.
- For more information on orders issued by Governor Evers: https://evers.wi.gov/Pages/Home.aspx