Town of Brookfield, Wisconsin

Welcome from Judge Eiring

Welcome to the Town of Brookfield Municipal Court website.  I hope that you will find the information to be useful.  The Town of Brookfield Municipal Court is located in the Town Hall at 645 N. Janacek Rd., Brookfield, WI 53045.

Town of Brookfield Municipal Court has jurisdiction in all matters involving violations of the Town's ordinances.  An ordinance violation is classified as a civil offense, not a criminal offense.

Court is held the first and third Thursday of each month beginning at 5:30 pm.  Each case is discussed with the Town Attorney at the initial appearance.  Many cases are settled that evening.  Should you not accept what the Town Prosecutor offers, your case will be set for trial to be held on a different date and time.  At 6:00 pm, the judge takes the bench and reviews the offers at which time you will enter a plea and have a chance to address the judge.

Every person accused of an ordinance violation has certain legal rights and responsibilities.  You are entitled to be represented by an attorney, although the court does not appoint an attorney for you and the town does not pay your attorney fees and expenses.

If you are found guilty in municipal court, the court typically imposes a money forfeiture.  You are expected to pay the forfeiture when you make your initial appearance in court.  However, if you need more time, the court will grant you 60 days to pay.

Since being elected in 1991, I have tried to provide an environment that is fair to both the defendant and prosecution.  Hopefully, your experience in court will be a positive experience.  Thank you.


The Town of Brookfield Municipal Court has resumed in-person court appearances.  Please be advised, as we enter a “New Normal” the Court is implementing temporary procedures for our in person court appearances.  These measures are being taken as we want to provide the safest possible environment for all.


  • Each defendant must be screened prior to entering the building
  • Do you, or anyone you have recently been in close contact with, have a fever of greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit, chills, persistent cough or difficulty breathing?
  • Have you traveled outside the United States within the past 14 days?
  • Have you, or anyone you have recently been in close contact with, been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID19 within the last 14 days?
  • If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you will be refused admittance and asked to contact the court by 12:00 p.m the next day at 262.796.3780 to obtain a new court date.
  • Each person entering the building, must wear a mask at all times and we ask that you bring your own mask, one will not be provided.
  • Each defendant is asked to bring their own pen.



Municipal Court

Municipal court is held the first and third Thursday of each month starting at 5:30 pm.  Contact the court at 262-796-3780 or write to Municipal Court, 645 N. Janacek Rd., Brookfield, WI 53045.  You can also e-mail the Court Clerk with questions about court-specific issues, how to get to the court and what to expect when you're there.

If you are coming to court, check out the Court Procedures Handbook for information on what to expect on your court date.

Online Payment

You can now pay your Court fees with a Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover credit or debit card.  This option is offered through AllPaid (formerly GovPayNow).

You will need your Citation Number.

AllPaid does charge a separate processing fee which will be generated before payment.

Click to pay


Frequently Asked Questions

Do you take credit card payments?
Yes, you can now pay your Court fees with a Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover credit card.  This option is offered through AllPaid (formerly Government Payment Services). They do charge a fee for this service.

Can I reschedule my court date?
You may reschedule your court date one time as long as you call prior to your court date. If this is your initial appearance, you will need to enter a "Not Guilty Plea" in writing to the court prior to the assigned court date. You will then receive one new court date. To enter a plea you can do so by downloading and completing the Not Guilty Plea Form and either fax (262-796-0339), mail, or bring the completed/signed for to Town Hall prior to the assigned court date.

I missed my court date and really wanted to appear.  Can I get it reopened?
To get a matter reopened, you must write a letter to the Judge explaining why you missed your court date and asking that it be reopened.  The judge may charge a reopening fee in the range of $0 - $50.  If the reopening request is more than six months past the entry of a judgment, a hearing will be held before the judge, with the prosecutor present. To schedule a date to appear for a Motion to Re-open, download and complete the form and either fax it (262-796-0339), mail in or bring the completed/signed form to the Clerk of Court's office or contact the Clerk for a date and form to be mailed.

I didn't pay my fines and now I'm suspended.  What do I do now?
If this is the only suspension/revocation on your driving record, you must first pay your fine to the court.  Once paid, we will electronically notify the DMV of the payment. Please allow 24-48 hours for their records to update.  You will pay them a reinstatement fee in order to have your privilege to drive in Wisconsin reinstated.

Can I get an extension to pay my fines?
Yes, but you must put your request in writing.  Explain in a letter why you need the extension, how much time you need, and if you want to be put on a payment plan, how much you can afford to pay per week or month.  This request must be made prior to your fine due date.

I'm afraid I'm going to lose my license on points.  What can I do?
Make your court appearance and inform the judge of your license status.  She may grant you the opportunity to complete Point Reduction School.  Upon completion, you will receive three points back on your license.

How long will this traffic charge remain on my record?
The points will remain on your record for one year from the date of the violation.  The actual charge will remain on your record for five years, unless the charge is Operating While Intoxicated or Operating with a Prohibited Alcohol Concentration.  That will remain on your record forever.


Town Calendar